Thursday, April 17, 2008

Poem a Day, Day 10

OK, I let myself fall behind on the Poem a Day challenge. Let me just say life happened. So I apologize in advance for the barrage of blog posts that are soon to follow. I post 'em as I write 'em, so this might happen all at once or I might need to spread this out, anyway, on to the tenth challenge:

Day ten's challenge was to write about a location. For some reason, I couldn't come up with anything. What I wound up with is a quick no-brainer. I can't believe I agonized over this for days. Anyway, since this post is already longer than the poem itself...


At Home


The television is teaching us how to share

to read to think to cooperate

We laugh at different times

There's no place I'd rather be

Except maybe to turn this thing off

and go outside to play.


-Justin M. Howe

No comments: