Monday, April 28, 2008

Poem a Day, Day 18

This challenge was to use the line 'There is no connection." in a poem. It could be the title, the last line, or somewhere in the middle. I'll have a go...

Connection


"oh, what tangled web we weave

when first we practice to deceive."

-William Shakespeare


Lying is not forgivable

Especially to one you love

There is is an anecdote I

once heard;


'A lie is like a nail in wood

you can take the nail out

by saying you are sorry.

But the hole remains.'


Baby, you must feel perforated.


I wonder why you're so quick to

get upset

I try to tell you there is no connection

Between a decade ago and now

I almost convince myself as well


But the connection is the past

The past shapes the future

How, then, can we let go of the past

And still hope for the future?


We can't

Can't let go

It is in our nature


So we press on

We continue moving

We hope for the best

We do our best

And everything will come out okay

in the end.



-Justin M. Howe

No comments: