Monday, April 28, 2008

Poem a Day, Day 20

This challenge was to write a Love poem, with a capital 'L'. A few of my entries this month have dealt with love, but who can have enough love? Without any further ado...

Love Springs


The spring breeze comes in through the open window

It tussles your golden-red hair

You stir, green eyes open

They know me so well

"What are you doing?" you ask, eyes smiling

"Just watching." I say

"Stop it."

"Never."


Just as Spring revives the Earth

from the dead of winter

Just as Flowers blossom in dirt

of death and decay


You breathe new life into the

husk of my soul

You give me new resolve


You inspire me to do what I must

to improve our life

For you, for us, for our daughter,

we build magic

We invent miracles


As the snow retreats from the mountain top,

you restore my faith



-Justin M. Howe

No comments: